- A UNESCO Heritage site, this capital of the Nabateans carved into the Rose Red Edomite Mountains (often referred to as the 8th Wonder of the Ancient World)
- City of Herod’s youth
- Biblical Machaerus, this was the site where Herod had John the Baptist exectued
- Gerasa, generally acknowledged to be one of the best preserved Roman provincial towns in the world, which came under Roman rule in 63 B.C. and was one of the 10 great Roman cities
- The amazing Byzantine and Umayyad mosaics of the “City of Mosaics,” located along the 5,000-year-old Kings’ Highway
- The famous 6th century Mosaic Map of Jerusalem and the Holy Land, depicting hills, valleys, villages and towns as far as the Nile Delta with 2 million pieces of vividly colored local stone (in St. George’s Greek Orthodox Church)
- The church of the Virgin and the Apostles
- One of the most revered holy sites of Jordan, this is the place from where Moses looked out over the Holy Land. During his visit to Jordan in 2001, the late Pope John Paul II preached here.
Bethany Beyond the Jordan
- The area where John the Baptist lived and Jesus was baptized
For more information or any questions about this trip, please contact Ron directly at email@example.com!